Crews prevent ‘deliberate’ fire at farm in Sixteen Foot Bank, Christchurch from spreading to nearby house
- Credit: Archant
Cambs Fire crews prevented a blaze from spreading to a nearby house after an outbuilding cuaght fire in Sixteen Foot Bank, Christchurch last night.
“A shed, car, van and conifers were involved in the fire and crews used hose reels to extinguish the fire and to prevent it from spreading to a nearby house,” said a Cambs Fire spokesman.
“The cause of the fire is believed to be deliberate.
“Crews from March, Wisbech and Chatteris were called to the blaze at around 5.54pm and returned to their stations by 8.30pm.”
A police spokesman said: “At 6pm on Sunday officers along with Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service attended a fire at a property on the Sixteen Foot Bank.
You may also want to watch:
“Inquiries are ongoing at this stage. If you have any information on this fire please call 101 and quote incident 458 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”
- 1 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 2 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 3 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 4 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 5 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 6 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 7 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 8 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 9 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 10 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council