Crews prevent ‘deliberate’ fire at farm in Sixteen Foot Bank, Christchurch from spreading to nearby house
- Credit: Archant
Cambs Fire crews prevented a blaze from spreading to a nearby house after an outbuilding cuaght fire in Sixteen Foot Bank, Christchurch last night.
“A shed, car, van and conifers were involved in the fire and crews used hose reels to extinguish the fire and to prevent it from spreading to a nearby house,” said a Cambs Fire spokesman.
“The cause of the fire is believed to be deliberate.
“Crews from March, Wisbech and Chatteris were called to the blaze at around 5.54pm and returned to their stations by 8.30pm.”
A police spokesman said: “At 6pm on Sunday officers along with Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service attended a fire at a property on the Sixteen Foot Bank.
You may also want to watch:
“Inquiries are ongoing at this stage. If you have any information on this fire please call 101 and quote incident 458 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family