Crews prevent ‘deliberate’ fire at farm in Sixteen Foot Bank, Christchurch from spreading to nearby house
- Credit: Archant
Cambs Fire crews prevented a blaze from spreading to a nearby house after an outbuilding cuaght fire in Sixteen Foot Bank, Christchurch last night.
“A shed, car, van and conifers were involved in the fire and crews used hose reels to extinguish the fire and to prevent it from spreading to a nearby house,” said a Cambs Fire spokesman.
“The cause of the fire is believed to be deliberate.
“Crews from March, Wisbech and Chatteris were called to the blaze at around 5.54pm and returned to their stations by 8.30pm.”
A police spokesman said: “At 6pm on Sunday officers along with Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service attended a fire at a property on the Sixteen Foot Bank.
You may also want to watch:
“Inquiries are ongoing at this stage. If you have any information on this fire please call 101 and quote incident 458 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021