CCTV capture the moment bins set alight in Wisbech and later when Jaguar is torched - man is in custody
- Credit: Archant
A man is in custody following arson attacks in Wisbech that ended with a Jaguar being torched.
Fire crews were called out on several occasions as reports of arson attacks came into force headquarters.
A police spokesman said: "During the night or early morning an unknown suspect has set light to a communal bin outside a block of flats on Oil Mill Lane, Wisbech.
"CCTV has been given to police.
"Then today (July 2) at 5.30am, a man parked a Jaguar FX outside the back of Tasty China, Nene Quay, Wisbech and set fire to the car, which was captured on CCTV.
You may also want to watch:
"Officers arrested the man."
The spokesman added; "A Salvation Army building was also damaged during this incident."
- 1 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 4 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 5 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 6 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 7 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 8 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 9 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 10 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
Crews from Wisbech, West Walton, Outwell and King's Lynn were called to the first blaze at New Inn Yard at around 5.49am.
A Cambs fire service spokesman said: "Crews arrived to find a large amount of rubbish had spread to trees and nearby fence.
"Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used one hose reel to extinguish the fire before returning to their station by 7.45am."