CCTV capture the moment bins set alight in Wisbech and later when Jaguar is torched - man is in custody
- Credit: Archant
A man is in custody following arson attacks in Wisbech that ended with a Jaguar being torched.
Fire crews were called out on several occasions as reports of arson attacks came into force headquarters.
A police spokesman said: "During the night or early morning an unknown suspect has set light to a communal bin outside a block of flats on Oil Mill Lane, Wisbech.
"CCTV has been given to police.
"Then today (July 2) at 5.30am, a man parked a Jaguar FX outside the back of Tasty China, Nene Quay, Wisbech and set fire to the car, which was captured on CCTV.
You may also want to watch:
"Officers arrested the man."
The spokesman added; "A Salvation Army building was also damaged during this incident."
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 9 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
Crews from Wisbech, West Walton, Outwell and King's Lynn were called to the first blaze at New Inn Yard at around 5.49am.
A Cambs fire service spokesman said: "Crews arrived to find a large amount of rubbish had spread to trees and nearby fence.
"Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used one hose reel to extinguish the fire before returning to their station by 7.45am."