Tumble dryer fire spreads to houses in Murrow

A tumble dryer fire that started in the conservatory of a house in Inham's Close, Murrow, spread to

A tumble dryer fire that started in the conservatory of a house in Inham's Close, Murrow, spread to the house and the property next door. Picture: CAMBS FIRE & RESCUE - Credit: Archant

A tumble dryer fire that started in a Murrow conservatory spread to the house and the property next door.

A tumble dryer fire that started in the conservatory of a house in Inham's Close, Murrow, spread to

A tumble dryer fire that started in the conservatory of a house in Inham's Close, Murrow, spread to the house and the property next door. Picture: CAMBS FIRE & RESCUE - Credit: Archant

Crews from Wisbech and March were called last Friday (December 13) at 1.59pm to the blaze.

Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used two hose reels and two jets to extinguish the fire before returning to their stations by 4.35pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

Cambs Fire have since given out tips on preventing tumble dryer fires.


You may also want to watch:


Their safety tips include ensuring wash temperatures and detergents are suitable for the optimum removal of oil-based contaminants; allowing laundry to complete the cooling cycle in the tumble dryer, shaking out laundry to ventilate before folding; ensuring stack or pile is well-ventilated, and that you have a smoke alarm on each floor of your premises and it is tested regularly.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter