Tumble dryer fire spreads to houses in Murrow
- Credit: Archant
A tumble dryer fire that started in a Murrow conservatory spread to the house and the property next door.
Crews from Wisbech and March were called last Friday (December 13) at 1.59pm to the blaze.
Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used two hose reels and two jets to extinguish the fire before returning to their stations by 4.35pm.
The cause of the fire was accidental.
Cambs Fire have since given out tips on preventing tumble dryer fires.
You may also want to watch:
Their safety tips include ensuring wash temperatures and detergents are suitable for the optimum removal of oil-based contaminants; allowing laundry to complete the cooling cycle in the tumble dryer, shaking out laundry to ventilate before folding; ensuring stack or pile is well-ventilated, and that you have a smoke alarm on each floor of your premises and it is tested regularly.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 4 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 5 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 10 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid