Crews battle Elm house fire

Fire-tape

- Credit: Archant

Two crews tackled a house fire in Elm for an hour and a half this morning.

They were called to a burning house in Limes Avenue, Elm, at about 6.45am.

An electrical fault caused a tumble dryer to catch fire in the conservatory of the two storey terraced house.

All the people were out of the home when the firefighters arrived.

Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hose reels to extinguish the fire and positive pressure ventilation fans to clear smoke before returning to their stations by 8.15am.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus