Crews battle Elm house fire

PUBLISHED: 16:44 11 August 2014 | UPDATED: 16:44 11 August 2014

Archant

Two crews tackled a house fire in Elm for an hour and a half this morning.

They were called to a burning house in Limes Avenue, Elm, at about 6.45am.

An electrical fault caused a tumble dryer to catch fire in the conservatory of the two storey terraced house.

All the people were out of the home when the firefighters arrived.

Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hose reels to extinguish the fire and positive pressure ventilation fans to clear smoke before returning to their stations by 8.15am.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Wisbech Standard. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Wisbech Standard