Creative villagers put their skills to use for the annual Scarecrow Festival at Gorefield
A FANTASTIC array of scarecrows has been appearing around Gorefield, as creative villagers join in the scarecrow festival. Last year s inaugural festival attracted a magnificent display, and we are hoping this year s event will be even bigger and better,
A FANTASTIC array of scarecrows has been appearing around Gorefield, as creative villagers join in the scarecrow festival.
"Last year's inaugural festival attracted a magnificent display, and we are hoping this year's event will be even bigger and better," said Cllr Michael Humphrey, chairman of the parish council.
This year's festival has the theme of "occupations," and runs until Saturday September 5, when prizes will be awarded during the annual flower, vegetable and craft show.
The show, at the church hall in Gote Lane, gives villagers the opportunity to display things they have grown, made, cooked, painted, or photographed. There are 26 classes, with four especially for children. Exhibits can be viewed from 2.30pm. The prize giving at 3.30pm will be followed by an auction of produce.
You may also want to watch:
Both these events are run by Gorefield Playing Field Association, for more details contact Marie Humphrey, 01945 410436.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 3 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 4 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 9 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000