Creative villagers put their skills to use for the annual Scarecrow Festival at Gorefield
A FANTASTIC array of scarecrows has been appearing around Gorefield, as creative villagers join in the scarecrow festival. Last year s inaugural festival attracted a magnificent display, and we are hoping this year s event will be even bigger and better,
A FANTASTIC array of scarecrows has been appearing around Gorefield, as creative villagers join in the scarecrow festival.
"Last year's inaugural festival attracted a magnificent display, and we are hoping this year's event will be even bigger and better," said Cllr Michael Humphrey, chairman of the parish council.
This year's festival has the theme of "occupations," and runs until Saturday September 5, when prizes will be awarded during the annual flower, vegetable and craft show.
The show, at the church hall in Gote Lane, gives villagers the opportunity to display things they have grown, made, cooked, painted, or photographed. There are 26 classes, with four especially for children. Exhibits can be viewed from 2.30pm. The prize giving at 3.30pm will be followed by an auction of produce.
You may also want to watch:
Both these events are run by Gorefield Playing Field Association, for more details contact Marie Humphrey, 01945 410436.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 4 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online