Accident outside North Cambs Hospital, Wisbech, prevents vehicles entering or leaving
- Credit: Archant
An accident near the North Cambs Hospital in Wisbech which has caused life threatening injuries to a pedestrian has meant vehicles cannot access or leave the site.
A spokesman for the Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust issued a statement warning that the dual carriageway access has been closed whilst emergency services deal with the incident.
"Pedestrian access to the hospital site remains possible," said a trust spokesman. ".If you have an appointment today, please build in additional travel time."
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "We were called by the East of England Ambulance Service at 10.03am today (4 December) to reports of a serious collision between a van and a pedestrian on Whitby Street, Wisbech.
"Officers are currently at the scene, together with paramedics and firefighters.
You may also want to watch:
"A woman suffered life-threatening injuries and has been airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital in a critical condition."
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 10 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph