Accident outside North Cambs Hospital, Wisbech, prevents vehicles entering or leaving
- Credit: Archant
An accident near the North Cambs Hospital in Wisbech which has caused life threatening injuries to a pedestrian has meant vehicles cannot access or leave the site.
A spokesman for the Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust issued a statement warning that the dual carriageway access has been closed whilst emergency services deal with the incident.
"Pedestrian access to the hospital site remains possible," said a trust spokesman. ".If you have an appointment today, please build in additional travel time."
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "We were called by the East of England Ambulance Service at 10.03am today (4 December) to reports of a serious collision between a van and a pedestrian on Whitby Street, Wisbech.
"Officers are currently at the scene, together with paramedics and firefighters.
You may also want to watch:
"A woman suffered life-threatening injuries and has been airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital in a critical condition."
- 1 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 2 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 3 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 4 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault
- 7 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 8 'Sports cages' designed by Cambs company are helping children stay active
- 9 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 10 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned