Driver ‘found alive and well’ after flipping car into water-filled ditch and leaving scene
- Credit: Twitter/@FenCops
A driver who flipped their car into a water-filled ditch in the Fens was found by police after they left the scene before the emergency services arrived.
The driver of the silver Audi left Dowgate Road in Leverington before overturning the car and landing upside down in the deep dyke.
Police confirmed they found the driver "alive and well" before having them rushed to hospital following the smash on Saturday morning (March 7).
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "Officers, along with Cambs Fire and Rescue and the East of England Ambulance service, attended the single vehicle collision.
"The vehicle left the road and ended upside down in a deep water filled dyke.
You may also want to watch:
"The driver left the scene prior to emergency services attending, however has since been found alive and well. The driver has been taken to hospital.
"The vehicle was recovered from the scene and highways were called to fix to the barrier at the location. Enquiries into this collision are ongoing."
- 1 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 7 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 8 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47