Driver suffers ‘serious injuries’ after Fenland ditch crash that saw driver’s head smash through van front window
- Credit: TWITTER / @FENCOPS
A driver’s head was forced through the front window of the van they were driving after crashing into a Fenland ditch.
It is thought that the driver was not wearing a seatbelt during the incident that happened on Honeyhill Road between Gorefield and Parson Drove.
Police issued a warning on social media, they said: “If you don’t wear your seat belt while driving, please take note of this photo!
“Yes that was the driver’s head that caused the damage.”
The driver was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital with serious injuries but not life-threatening injuries after the crash on Friday, December 14 at around 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We were called to reports of a van going into a ditch in Honeyhill Road near Gorefield.
“Officers attended the scene, along with fire and ambulance crews. The driver of the Ford Transit van received serious but not life-threatening injuries.”
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 3 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 4 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 8 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 9 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 10 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work