Two people injured in collision between car and lorry on A47 - road closed between Eye Green and Thorney
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been injured after a collision between a car and lorry on the A47 between Eye Green and Thorney.
The road is closed between Eye Green roundabout (where McDonald's and Travelodge are) and the junction of Thorney Road.
Police were called at 11.45am and an air ambulance is currently at the scene.
A diversion has been put in place through Eye village via Crowland Road and Thorney Road.
A police spokesman said: "The road is closed in both directions and will remain closed for several hours, therefore motorists are urged to avoid the area.
You may also want to watch:
"Traffic is heavy so please avoid the area if possible."
Anyone who has dash-cam footage of the collision is asked to contact the Road Policing Unit by calling 101."
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 3 Table tennis club 'bitterly disappointed' to be told to move
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Flytippers target same Fenland road two days in a row
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 9 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 10 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’