Cracking report from Ofsted gives praise to Wisbech day nursery and in one major respect says provision there is outstanding
A NURSERY has been given encouraging praise by government inspectors who rated their work as “good” in almost all areas.
Ofsted handed Elm Road Day Nursery in Wisbech grade two status in all but one sub-category after they visited in December 2010.
The report measured the effectiveness of early years provision, the effectiveness of leadership and management, quality and standards, and outcomes for children in the foundation stage.
The highlight of the review was a grade one result in the category of “effectiveness of the settling’s engagement with parents and carers”, which carries the description of “outstanding.”
Elm Road opened in 1995 and caters for a total of 80 children while also supporting children with special educational needs and disabilities, and those speaking English as an additonal language.
The 22 members of staff were highly commended by the inspectors who said: “A well-motivated and committed staff team ensure that children make strong progress in their development and learning by encouraging their enjoyment of a wide range of activities.”
Children were viewed as demonstrating “maturity” and able to “freely express themselves with a stimulating range of creative materials,”
- 1 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 2 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 3 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
- 4 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
- 5 Wisbech Swimming Club member gains place at British Swimming Championships final
- 6 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had undiagnosed Alzheimer’s’
- 7 Over 480 arrests for drink driving across county, say police
- 8 Mayor's visit inspires Fenmen to cup thrashing
- 9 Driver escapes injury after lorry ploughs into back of broken-down van
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
The report has set the bar high for future standards at the nursery which has “proudly provided the children of Wisbech with the highest quality early years experience” for 16 years.
Hayley Readshaw, manager at Elm Road, said: “All staff are delighted with the report as we all work extrememely hard to ensure that we provide a welcoming, safe, caring and exciting quality childcare.”