Cracking report from Ofsted gives praise to Wisbech day nursery and in one major respect says provision there is outstanding
A NURSERY has been given encouraging praise by government inspectors who rated their work as “good” in almost all areas.
Ofsted handed Elm Road Day Nursery in Wisbech grade two status in all but one sub-category after they visited in December 2010.
The report measured the effectiveness of early years provision, the effectiveness of leadership and management, quality and standards, and outcomes for children in the foundation stage.
The highlight of the review was a grade one result in the category of “effectiveness of the settling’s engagement with parents and carers”, which carries the description of “outstanding.”
Elm Road opened in 1995 and caters for a total of 80 children while also supporting children with special educational needs and disabilities, and those speaking English as an additonal language.
You may also want to watch:
The 22 members of staff were highly commended by the inspectors who said: “A well-motivated and committed staff team ensure that children make strong progress in their development and learning by encouraging their enjoyment of a wide range of activities.”
Children were viewed as demonstrating “maturity” and able to “freely express themselves with a stimulating range of creative materials,”
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 10 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
The report has set the bar high for future standards at the nursery which has “proudly provided the children of Wisbech with the highest quality early years experience” for 16 years.
Hayley Readshaw, manager at Elm Road, said: “All staff are delighted with the report as we all work extrememely hard to ensure that we provide a welcoming, safe, caring and exciting quality childcare.”