Cracking report from Ofsted gives praise to Wisbech day nursery and in one major respect says provision there is outstanding
A NURSERY has been given encouraging praise by government inspectors who rated their work as “good” in almost all areas.
Ofsted handed Elm Road Day Nursery in Wisbech grade two status in all but one sub-category after they visited in December 2010.
The report measured the effectiveness of early years provision, the effectiveness of leadership and management, quality and standards, and outcomes for children in the foundation stage.
The highlight of the review was a grade one result in the category of “effectiveness of the settling’s engagement with parents and carers”, which carries the description of “outstanding.”
Elm Road opened in 1995 and caters for a total of 80 children while also supporting children with special educational needs and disabilities, and those speaking English as an additonal language.
You may also want to watch:
The 22 members of staff were highly commended by the inspectors who said: “A well-motivated and committed staff team ensure that children make strong progress in their development and learning by encouraging their enjoyment of a wide range of activities.”
Children were viewed as demonstrating “maturity” and able to “freely express themselves with a stimulating range of creative materials,”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 6 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 7 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 8 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 9 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 10 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
The report has set the bar high for future standards at the nursery which has “proudly provided the children of Wisbech with the highest quality early years experience” for 16 years.
Hayley Readshaw, manager at Elm Road, said: “All staff are delighted with the report as we all work extrememely hard to ensure that we provide a welcoming, safe, caring and exciting quality childcare.”