Crackdown on illegal parking in Wisbech sees 11 cars ticketed and fined
- Credit: Archant
Police in Wisbech ticketed more than 10 different vehicles for illegal parking in just one morning.
A post on the Twitter page Fenland Police reads: “PCSOs have been issuing fixed penalty notices to illegally parked vehicles in Wisbech. “There are numerous free car parks in the town, so please use these to avoid receiving a £30 fine.”
One person commended the ticketing action, writing on Twitter: “Brilliant. Now, please can they do the same on Cavalry Drive, March at peak times near both schools entrances?”
It follows a similar crackdown in February which saw 17 illegally parked vehicles ticketed by police in just one afternoon in Wisbech.
At the time, retired county councillor Alan Lay said: “It is an everyday occurrence of the blatant and total disregard for traffic laws and common sense.”
Fenland district councillor Virginia Bucknor called the February crackdown “excellent news” instead of “people having to take their pushchairs and wheelchairs into the road because of selfish inconsiderate drivers”.
- 1 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 2 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 3 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 6 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 7 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 8 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 9 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 10 Primary school plans for new town take step forward