Crackdown on illegal parking in Wisbech sees 11 cars ticketed and fined
- Credit: Archant
Police in Wisbech ticketed more than 10 different vehicles for illegal parking in just one morning.
A post on the Twitter page Fenland Police reads: “PCSOs have been issuing fixed penalty notices to illegally parked vehicles in Wisbech. “There are numerous free car parks in the town, so please use these to avoid receiving a £30 fine.”
One person commended the ticketing action, writing on Twitter: “Brilliant. Now, please can they do the same on Cavalry Drive, March at peak times near both schools entrances?”
It follows a similar crackdown in February which saw 17 illegally parked vehicles ticketed by police in just one afternoon in Wisbech.
At the time, retired county councillor Alan Lay said: “It is an everyday occurrence of the blatant and total disregard for traffic laws and common sense.”
You may also want to watch:
Fenland district councillor Virginia Bucknor called the February crackdown “excellent news” instead of “people having to take their pushchairs and wheelchairs into the road because of selfish inconsiderate drivers”.
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 5 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 6 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 7 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Free public transport app launched to help Cambs passengers