Crackdown on illegal parking in Wisbech sees 11 cars ticketed and fined
- Credit: Archant
Police in Wisbech ticketed more than 10 different vehicles for illegal parking in just one morning.
A post on the Twitter page Fenland Police reads: “PCSOs have been issuing fixed penalty notices to illegally parked vehicles in Wisbech. “There are numerous free car parks in the town, so please use these to avoid receiving a £30 fine.”
One person commended the ticketing action, writing on Twitter: “Brilliant. Now, please can they do the same on Cavalry Drive, March at peak times near both schools entrances?”
It follows a similar crackdown in February which saw 17 illegally parked vehicles ticketed by police in just one afternoon in Wisbech.
At the time, retired county councillor Alan Lay said: “It is an everyday occurrence of the blatant and total disregard for traffic laws and common sense.”
You may also want to watch:
Fenland district councillor Virginia Bucknor called the February crackdown “excellent news” instead of “people having to take their pushchairs and wheelchairs into the road because of selfish inconsiderate drivers”.
- 1 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 2 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 3 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 4 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 5 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 8 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 9 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 10 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible