'Like winning the lottery' says Sofia as her voice returns
- Credit: Archant
Mum of six Sofia Gomes described her voice returning after three months as “like winning the lottery”.
She lost it in early May within hours of her second AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccination.
A few days ago, her voice returned – not fully back to normal and she still has pains in both ears.
“It’s been awful and I have no support whatsoever,” she said. Her first appointment with a speech therapist is, ironically, this week.
Sofia said she wrote numerous emails to try and get help “but no one did”. Working with friends on her speech, she says, “gave me some ideas for getting my speech back”.
You may also want to watch:
On the night after her second jab, she was admitted to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, King’s Lynn.
“It was only then I realised my voice had gone – the doctors said my voice would come back but they don’t know when,” she said.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 7 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 8 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
She added: “It has been very difficult to cope, and very frustrating.”