Court injunction to prevent residential caravan site from being built in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
An injunction from the High Court has been served to a residential caravan site in Wisbech.
New Bridge Lane was refused planning permission for a mixture of up to 16 mobile homes and touring caravans in May 2017.
However, when Fenland District Council enforcement officers visited in February this year, they found evidence of working on the land including an excavator and access had been cleared.
The chairman of the planning committee approved that an interim injunction be lodged to prevent further unauthorised works.
A report stated: “Although the defendant had offered an undertaking not to carry out any further works, the judge felt that injunction should be granted.”
You may also want to watch:
In an update given at a planning meeting last week, officers said: “We went to court on June 13 and a full injunction was awarded against the site.
“We were awarded costs and the owner understood the procedure.
- 1 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
“We have arranged for a copy of the injunction to be served on the defendant and posted on the site.”