Course for celebration
STUDENTS at a centre in Wisbech are celebrating the successful completion of their skills for life numeracy or literacy courses, through learndirect. The centre in Church Mews opened in October and offers a range of courses for those who want to learn for
STUDENTS at a centre in Wisbech are celebrating the successful completion of their skills for life numeracy or literacy courses, through learndirect.
The centre in Church Mews opened in October and offers a range of courses for those who want to learn for pleasure, personal development or for a job.
Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor David Oliver, will officially open the centre at 1pm next Friday as part of a special open day which begins at 10am. Major employers from the area will be represented and students will be there to talk to visitors.
There are more than 500 courses to choose from in five main areas: home and office IT; specialist IT; skills for life; business and management; and languages.
Students can learn at their own pace and courses can be completed at home, in the training centre or in the workplace.
A Sencia personal tutor is there to help.
- 1 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 4 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 5 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 6 Whistleblower shares story of bullying, fatigue and 'dangerous' hours at ambulance service
- 7 Sex offender case adjourned due to judge's concerns
- 8 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 9 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 10 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
Some courses are linked to nationally recognised qualifications and can help to improve job prospects.
Use of the training centre facilities is free and the cost of courses depends on personal circumstances and may be free.