Couple on the run with their baby may be hiding in Wisbech, police say
- Credit: Archant
Police are following “a new line of enquiry” about a couple who disappeared with their young son after a family court ruled the baby could come to harm while in their care.
It is believed the pair are in hiding in the Wisbech area.
The baby’s father was last seen in the Swafffham area by the family shortly after being released from prison.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said: ““We have a new line of enquiry that we are looking at,” but added the young family were still missing.
Former neighbours described “fights and arguments every night” between the couple and said they were constantly arguing in the street”.
You may also want to watch:
One also described how “they left everything and just suddenly disappeared”.
The grandmother of the seven-month-old baby boy, feared abducted by his parents, has asked them to contact her.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 6 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 7 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 8 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 9 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
Susan Minton, 53, pleaded for her son Daniel Minton, 28, and Tory Smith to reveal their whereabouts as well as that of her missing grandson Daniel John Minton.
The distraught grandparent says she has “no idea where they are” and she last saw her son on April 19 - shortly after he left prison.
“I don’t know where they are. As far as I know they could be dead.
“I just want him to call. I just want to know for sure him and the baby are okay.”
She says she briefly spoke to her son’s partner, Tory, on the phone last week - who told her that her son and grandson were in Boston, Lincs.
However she does not know whether to believe her and has been unable to get back in touch because she called from a withheld number.
She also says she has not spoken to her son “at all” since his disappearance.
Susan believes the couple may have disappeared because “social services wouldn’t leave them alone”.
“They were trying to stop my son from seeing his child. But they are so loving and loyal to that child.”
Detectives say they are growing increasingly concerned for little Daniel’s welfare as a family court previously ruled he may come into danger while in their care.
The family, from Swaffham, Norfolk, were last seen on April 21, but despite extensive enquiries they have not since been located.
Officers believe they may now be in Wisbech and have launched an urgent appeal to find them.
• Daniel Minton Snr is described as white, 5ft 8ins to 5ft 10ins tall and of stocky build. He has blonde short hair, usually shaven, with blue eyes and tattoo on the left side of neck and his left hand. He has previously been jailed for theft and indecent exposure and is understood to have substance and alcohol misuse issues.
• Tory Smith is described as white, 5ft 8ins to 5ft 9ins tall and of slim build. She has very long, black, straight hair which is possibly now dyed blonde, blue eyes and has a tattoo on her left wrist.