Summer house destroyed in early morning arson attack in Wisbech - only days after garden shed and tools burnt out nearby
- Credit: Archant
Early morning arsonists destroyed a summer house in Wisbech today.
Fire chiefs report that at 5.15am one crew from Wisbech, along with crews from West Walton and Outwell were called to a fire on Walton Road in Wisbech.
A fire service spokesman said: "Firefighters arrived to find a fire involving a building used as a summer house and extinguished it using a hose reel. They returned to their stations by 6.35am.
"The cause of the fire was deliberate. Anyone with information should contact police by visiting www.cambs.police.uk to submit an online report or call Crimestoppers on 0800 55511"
Only a week ago a garden shed was destroyed by fire in Edinburgh Drive, Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
The owner appealed: "If anyone has any information please as to the fire in Edinburgh Drive this evening."
He posted photos of his back garden and destroyed green house and said a lot of power tools were also destroyed.
- 1 Body found in Wisbech road
- 2 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 3 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 4 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 5 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 8 Urgent police appeal to find man missing since Thursday
- 9 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 10 Cambridgeshire care homes back compulsory Covid-19 jabs for staff
He said he had received reports of three youngsters seen running from the fire.
"Thankfully no-one was injured but next time someone could be killed," he said.