Summer house destroyed in early morning arson attack in Wisbech - only days after garden shed and tools burnt out nearby
- Credit: Archant
Early morning arsonists destroyed a summer house in Wisbech today.
Fire chiefs report that at 5.15am one crew from Wisbech, along with crews from West Walton and Outwell were called to a fire on Walton Road in Wisbech.
A fire service spokesman said: "Firefighters arrived to find a fire involving a building used as a summer house and extinguished it using a hose reel. They returned to their stations by 6.35am.
"The cause of the fire was deliberate. Anyone with information should contact police by visiting www.cambs.police.uk to submit an online report or call Crimestoppers on 0800 55511"
Only a week ago a garden shed was destroyed by fire in Edinburgh Drive, Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
The owner appealed: "If anyone has any information please as to the fire in Edinburgh Drive this evening."
He posted photos of his back garden and destroyed green house and said a lot of power tools were also destroyed.
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 9 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 10 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
He said he had received reports of three youngsters seen running from the fire.
"Thankfully no-one was injured but next time someone could be killed," he said.