Counterfeit clothing put to good use as Wisbech Ferry Project homeless shelter receives big food and clothes donation
- Credit: Archant
A homeless shelter in Wisbech has received a large donation of food and clothes.
Lincolnshire-based charity His Church has passed on to the Luminus Ferry Project counterfeit clothing it has received from trading standards.
The shelter is in constant need of material donations, such as clothes and food parcels, to issue to its homeless clients.
The donation included a crate with 200 new items of clothing, including men’s and ladies’ jumpers, trousers and jackets, as well as a pallet that contained almost 200 items of food.
Luminus Ferry Project director, Keith Smith, said: “Luminus Ferry Project is very grateful to receive this donation of food and clothing from His Church.
You may also want to watch:
“These goods removed from rogue traders will now help the most vulnerable in our society rather than fund further illegal activity.
“These generous gifts help our clients to grow in self-esteem as they see that people care about them, which helps them to move forward on their own personal road to renewal.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
- 6 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 10 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
“This is another great example of two charities working together to make a positive difference in the world.”
If you would like to make a donation of food items, toiletries, towels, blankets or clothes, or commit to a regular delivery, call Luminus Ferry Project on 01945 429300 for more information.
Alternatively you can bring donations to the Luminus Ferry Project office, Octavia View, in Wisbech.