Councillors and local residents help mark opening of Wisbech funeral home
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of guests helped mark the opening of a new and innovative funeral home in Wisbech.
Staff at Central England Co-operative’s Wisbech Funeral Home hosted an open day and special dedication ceremony at the site in Elm High Road.
Funeral director John Barry and his team were joined by local clergy, councillors and members of the public.
After the new home was officially opened, attendees were given a guided tour and refreshments.
Mr Barry said: “We would like to thank the clergy for leading the dedication service and coming along to officially open the site.
You may also want to watch:
“We appreciate the time they have put aside out of their busy schedules to help us mark this occasion.
“Our guests had a tour of the funeral home and saw the range of options we offer which allow families to arrange a funeral reflecting the life and interests of their loved one.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 7 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 8 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 9 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal