Councillor praises school for their part in major improvements to part of Wisbech
THE park at the end of Alexandra Rd, Wisbech was a disgrace a few years ago. So I formed a Friends group and the area has been transformed by working with Fenland District Council and others.
Yesterday 30 pupils from Elm Rd School joined me to plant daffodils and an oak tree. The school have always been very helpful and we hope to plant some more bulbs in the spring.
These are some of the other improvements:
• Better maintenance
• New litterbins
You may also want to watch:
• New benches (donated by Nestle Purina)
• New paths
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 5 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
• New gates
The lighting will also be improved shortly to enable CCTV to used. Thanks to working together Tillery Field looks better than it has ever done. If anyone else wants to be involved (or to donate any more bulbs!) please contact me.
CLLR SIMON KING