Councillor praises school for their part in major improvements to part of Wisbech
THE park at the end of Alexandra Rd, Wisbech was a disgrace a few years ago. So I formed a Friends group and the area has been transformed by working with Fenland District Council and others.
Yesterday 30 pupils from Elm Rd School joined me to plant daffodils and an oak tree. The school have always been very helpful and we hope to plant some more bulbs in the spring.
These are some of the other improvements:
• Better maintenance
• New litterbins
You may also want to watch:
• New benches (donated by Nestle Purina)
• New paths
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 4 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 7 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 8 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 9 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
• New gates
The lighting will also be improved shortly to enable CCTV to used. Thanks to working together Tillery Field looks better than it has ever done. If anyone else wants to be involved (or to donate any more bulbs!) please contact me.
CLLR SIMON KING