Councillor praises school for their part in major improvements to part of Wisbech
THE park at the end of Alexandra Rd, Wisbech was a disgrace a few years ago. So I formed a Friends group and the area has been transformed by working with Fenland District Council and others.
Yesterday 30 pupils from Elm Rd School joined me to plant daffodils and an oak tree. The school have always been very helpful and we hope to plant some more bulbs in the spring.
These are some of the other improvements:
• Better maintenance
• New litterbins
• New benches (donated by Nestle Purina)
• New paths
- 1 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 2 Lorry breaks down on A47 near Wisbech
- 3 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 6 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 7 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 8 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 9 Man admits west Norfolk arson
- 10 Ferry Project charity to host job fair in Wisbech
• New gates
The lighting will also be improved shortly to enable CCTV to used. Thanks to working together Tillery Field looks better than it has ever done. If anyone else wants to be involved (or to donate any more bulbs!) please contact me.
CLLR SIMON KING