Councillor praises school for their part in major improvements to part of Wisbech
THE park at the end of Alexandra Rd, Wisbech was a disgrace a few years ago. So I formed a Friends group and the area has been transformed by working with Fenland District Council and others.
Yesterday 30 pupils from Elm Rd School joined me to plant daffodils and an oak tree. The school have always been very helpful and we hope to plant some more bulbs in the spring.
These are some of the other improvements:
• Better maintenance
• New litterbins
You may also want to watch:
• New benches (donated by Nestle Purina)
• New paths
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
• New gates
The lighting will also be improved shortly to enable CCTV to used. Thanks to working together Tillery Field looks better than it has ever done. If anyone else wants to be involved (or to donate any more bulbs!) please contact me.
CLLR SIMON KING