Councillor praises school for their part in major improvements to part of Wisbech
THE park at the end of Alexandra Rd, Wisbech was a disgrace a few years ago. So I formed a Friends group and the area has been transformed by working with Fenland District Council and others.
Yesterday 30 pupils from Elm Rd School joined me to plant daffodils and an oak tree. The school have always been very helpful and we hope to plant some more bulbs in the spring.
These are some of the other improvements:
• Better maintenance
• New litterbins
You may also want to watch:
• New benches (donated by Nestle Purina)
• New paths
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 4 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 5 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 9 Historic building owners urged to use grant scheme before it’s too late
• New gates
The lighting will also be improved shortly to enable CCTV to used. Thanks to working together Tillery Field looks better than it has ever done. If anyone else wants to be involved (or to donate any more bulbs!) please contact me.
CLLR SIMON KING