Council's penalty point system for taxi drivers and operators not supported by companies
ANY introduction of a penalty point system for taxi drivers by Fenland District Council will not be supported by the drivers. Earlier this week, we revealed on this website that the council s licensing committee will consider proposals to introduce a pena
ANY introduction of a penalty point system for taxi drivers by Fenland District Council will not be supported by the drivers.
Earlier this week, we revealed on this website that the council's licensing committee will consider proposals to introduce a penalty points system for taxi drivers and operators who breach licence conditions.
Dave Patrick, chairman of the Wisbech and District Hackney Carriage Drivers Association said: "These proposals were rejected out of hand by the members of our own association.
"Upon the formation of the association the council said it would work with us to move forward together but yet again this has come out of the blue.
You may also want to watch:
"The association strongly believes in public protection and over the years have complained about illegal operations in unmarked, unlicensed and uninsured vehicles. We have provided photographic evidence and given number plates but there has been not one prosecution of this illegal trading that still goes on.
• Council could introduce penalty points system - Click here
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 4 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 5 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 6 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 7 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 8 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka