Council's penalty point system for taxi drivers and operators not supported by companies
ANY introduction of a penalty point system for taxi drivers by Fenland District Council will not be supported by the drivers. Earlier this week, we revealed on this website that the council s licensing committee will consider proposals to introduce a pena
ANY introduction of a penalty point system for taxi drivers by Fenland District Council will not be supported by the drivers.
Earlier this week, we revealed on this website that the council's licensing committee will consider proposals to introduce a penalty points system for taxi drivers and operators who breach licence conditions.
Dave Patrick, chairman of the Wisbech and District Hackney Carriage Drivers Association said: "These proposals were rejected out of hand by the members of our own association.
"Upon the formation of the association the council said it would work with us to move forward together but yet again this has come out of the blue.
You may also want to watch:
"The association strongly believes in public protection and over the years have complained about illegal operations in unmarked, unlicensed and uninsured vehicles. We have provided photographic evidence and given number plates but there has been not one prosecution of this illegal trading that still goes on.
• Council could introduce penalty points system - Click here
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family