Council rejects expansion of former Wisbech care home now used for multiple occupancy
A FORMER Wisbech care home which won planning consent last year to convert it to 10 flats has been refused permission for further expansion.
Owners of Balmoral Lodge at 12 Augustine’s Road had hoped to build a two storey extension for three more flats but Fenland District Council Planning Committee rejected the proposals.
The town council also opposed the extension claiming the application “is overdevelopment and not in keeping.” They had concerns over parking and access.
Three residents also opposed the application claiming the home’s conversion to a house in multiple occupancy had already put a strain on local services.
“No 12 is a significant building which continues to be under pressure from inappropriate development,” said one objector.
You may also want to watch:
Council officials claimed the proposed is unacceptable in terms of the access and parking arrangements.
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 5 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 6 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 7 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 8 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election