Council honours caterers, cleaners and caretakers at annual awards night
SCHOOL caterers, cleaners and caretakers from Fenland were among those honoured at Cambridgeshire Catering and Cleaning Services (CCS) first annual awards. The awards were presented at Shire Hall by County Council Chairman, Cllr Linda Oliver and were a
SCHOOL caterers, cleaners and caretakers from Fenland were among those honoured at Cambridgeshire Catering and Cleaning Services' (CCS) first annual awards.
The awards were presented at Shire Hall by County Council Chairman, Cllr Linda Oliver and were attended by the winners, headteachers and CCS staff.
13 different awards were presented, including:
10 out of 10 Awards for helping to increase the take-up of school dinners - Debbie McKay, School Caterer, Peckover Primary School
You may also want to watch:
School Employee of the Year - Joanne Hart, School Caterer, Meadowgate School, Wisbech
Caretaking Employee of the Year - Stuart Dawson, Caretaker, Leverington Primary School
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 6 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 7 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 8 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
CCS - which is part of Cambridgeshire County Council - supplies catering, cleaning and caretaking services to schools in Cambridgeshire and other authorities and has achieved significant growth in meal numbers over the last 18 months. A number of these awards recognised individual contributions to these achievements.
Richard Ware, Head of CCS said: "These awards recognise those individuals who have gone the extra mile in providing services to schools and the Council, together with the energy and commitment they have shown in their work.