Council honours caterers, cleaners and caretakers at annual awards night
SCHOOL caterers, cleaners and caretakers from Fenland were among those honoured at Cambridgeshire Catering and Cleaning Services (CCS) first annual awards. The awards were presented at Shire Hall by County Council Chairman, Cllr Linda Oliver and were a
SCHOOL caterers, cleaners and caretakers from Fenland were among those honoured at Cambridgeshire Catering and Cleaning Services' (CCS) first annual awards.
The awards were presented at Shire Hall by County Council Chairman, Cllr Linda Oliver and were attended by the winners, headteachers and CCS staff.
13 different awards were presented, including:
10 out of 10 Awards for helping to increase the take-up of school dinners - Debbie McKay, School Caterer, Peckover Primary School
You may also want to watch:
School Employee of the Year - Joanne Hart, School Caterer, Meadowgate School, Wisbech
Caretaking Employee of the Year - Stuart Dawson, Caretaker, Leverington Primary School
- 1 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 5 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 6 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 7 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 8 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 9 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 10 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
CCS - which is part of Cambridgeshire County Council - supplies catering, cleaning and caretaking services to schools in Cambridgeshire and other authorities and has achieved significant growth in meal numbers over the last 18 months. A number of these awards recognised individual contributions to these achievements.
Richard Ware, Head of CCS said: "These awards recognise those individuals who have gone the extra mile in providing services to schools and the Council, together with the energy and commitment they have shown in their work.