Police slam intoxicated driver for ‘taking ventilator bed away from someone who might need it’ after drink drive crash
- Credit: Archant
Police have slammed an intoxicated driver for “taking a ventilator bed away from someone who might need it” after they crashed their car in Wisbech.
Officers were called to the collision at Brancaster Court on March 31 and the driver was arrested at the scene for being unfit through drink or drugs.
“Due to the level of intoxication of the driver they were taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn who placed the driver onto a ventilator due to their intoxication level (nothing to do with Covid-19),” said a police spokesman.
“This has taken a ventilator bed away from someone who might need it. Inquires are still ongoing for this incident. Please #StayAtHome Protect the NHS and #Savelives.”
When asked why the driver wasn’t put in a cell overnight on the Facebook page Policing Fenland, an officer said “we have a duty of care to anyone who is arrested.
You may also want to watch:
“If that person is so unwell then they will get taken to hospital.”
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 9 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter