Core blimey! Wisbech celebrates all things apples at two-day event
THEY say the best way to make an apple crumble is to torture it for 10 minutes… but another way emerged as Wisbech celebrated one of the nation s favourite fruits. This year s celebration of the apple came complete with a smoothie bike – all visitors had
THEY say the best way to make an apple crumble is to torture it for 10 minutes... but another way emerged as Wisbech celebrated one of the nation's favourite fruits.
This year's celebration of the apple came complete with a smoothie bike - all visitors had to do was put pedal power to the test to make their very own home-made drink.
And it turned out to be a popular addition to apple day celebrations in Wisbech Market Place on Friday and Saturday.
There were plenty of free apple-based activities on offer on both days. They included a prize draw for tickets to a sausage and cider event at Wisbech Council Chamber and a competition to find the largest cooking apple grown in Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
Apple expert Dick Sanders visited the celebrations and held demonstrations on grafting, with some photographs of apple picking from the Lilian Ream Collection also on show.
Chocolate and toffee apples were on sale, as were apple pies made by Marshland Women's Institute, and visitors could pick up a recipe leaflet that offered some tasty apple treats from around the world.
- 1 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 7 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 10 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'