Core blimey! Wisbech celebrates all things apples at two-day event
THEY say the best way to make an apple crumble is to torture it for 10 minutes… but another way emerged as Wisbech celebrated one of the nation s favourite fruits. This year s celebration of the apple came complete with a smoothie bike – all visitors had
THEY say the best way to make an apple crumble is to torture it for 10 minutes... but another way emerged as Wisbech celebrated one of the nation's favourite fruits.
This year's celebration of the apple came complete with a smoothie bike - all visitors had to do was put pedal power to the test to make their very own home-made drink.
And it turned out to be a popular addition to apple day celebrations in Wisbech Market Place on Friday and Saturday.
There were plenty of free apple-based activities on offer on both days. They included a prize draw for tickets to a sausage and cider event at Wisbech Council Chamber and a competition to find the largest cooking apple grown in Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
Apple expert Dick Sanders visited the celebrations and held demonstrations on grafting, with some photographs of apple picking from the Lilian Ream Collection also on show.
Chocolate and toffee apples were on sale, as were apple pies made by Marshland Women's Institute, and visitors could pick up a recipe leaflet that offered some tasty apple treats from around the world.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 9 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 10 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star