Conman once jailed for £450,000 fraud - including £60,000 from Wisbech couple- again wanted by police on multiple fraud allegations
- Credit: Archant
A conman who has already served a six year jail sentence for fraud – including defrauding a Wisbech couple out of £60,000- is again on the run accused of multiple frauds.
Police are appealing for the public’s help in tracing Matthew Holloway, 45, who is believed to be behind a number of frauds in Cambridgeshire worth a total of more than £100,000.
The frauds involved a claim by Holloway that he had a multi-million pound trust fund but required a loan from the victim to pay fees in order access the money.
Anyone with information should contact DC Mark Yendley at Cambridgeshire Police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org
Four years ago relatives of victims targeted by Holloway set up a Facebook group to share their feelings on having been taken in by him.
You may also want to watch:
Holloway had claimed to be an heir of Clinton Cards and went onto to defraud victims of more than £450,000; he was jailed for six years but with time spent on remand was freed later that year.
One member of Facebook group “Matthew Holloway - Con Man!”, calling himself Fatte Andy, posted: “This vile piece of scum was put away in Kingston Crown Court, but not for long enough. He also defrauded my family.
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 6 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 7 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 8 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
“Trouble is, conning is all this cretin has ever done, so guess what he’ll get back up to once he’s served his feeble term? That’s right, targeting poor suckers like us. Again.”
Ten years ago a couple from Wisbech told how they had lost £60,000 to Holloway after pressurising a couple he had befriended through their son.
His victims thought he was “well off and well dressed” and drove a Mercedes – which they only found out later he had hired.