Concert in March on Sunday is part of events leading up to 2012 Olympics
MARCH and two other venues in Cambridgeshire will host open-air concerts on Sunday as part of the county s contribution to the programme of events leading up to the 2012 Olympics and Paralympic Games. The Bandstand Marathon will use bandstands at March s
MARCH and two other venues in Cambridgeshire will host open-air concerts on Sunday as part of the county's contribution to the programme of events leading up to the 2012 Olympics and Paralympic Games.
The Bandstand Marathon will use bandstands at March's West End Park, where March Brass 2000 will perform from 2-4pm, the Jubilee Gardens in Ely and Milton Country Park.
There will be a wide variety of musical performances and there will also be a chance to make and play a musical instrument out of recycled materials and household rubbish.
The event has been organised as part of the Cultural Olympiad. It is free and everyone will be welcome.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire County Council Cabinet Member for Communities, Councillor Sir Peter Brown, said: "These concerts will be a real showcase for musical talent in Cambridgeshire and a chance for the public to hear and see a very broad range of musical styles and performances."
For more information go to: www.Cambridgeshire.net and search for Bandstand.
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 4 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 5 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 6 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 7 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 8 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election