Concert in March on Sunday is part of events leading up to 2012 Olympics
MARCH and two other venues in Cambridgeshire will host open-air concerts on Sunday as part of the county s contribution to the programme of events leading up to the 2012 Olympics and Paralympic Games. The Bandstand Marathon will use bandstands at March s
MARCH and two other venues in Cambridgeshire will host open-air concerts on Sunday as part of the county's contribution to the programme of events leading up to the 2012 Olympics and Paralympic Games.
The Bandstand Marathon will use bandstands at March's West End Park, where March Brass 2000 will perform from 2-4pm, the Jubilee Gardens in Ely and Milton Country Park.
There will be a wide variety of musical performances and there will also be a chance to make and play a musical instrument out of recycled materials and household rubbish.
The event has been organised as part of the Cultural Olympiad. It is free and everyone will be welcome.
Cambridgeshire County Council Cabinet Member for Communities, Councillor Sir Peter Brown, said: "These concerts will be a real showcase for musical talent in Cambridgeshire and a chance for the public to hear and see a very broad range of musical styles and performances."
For more information go to: www.Cambridgeshire.net and search for Bandstand.
- 1 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 4 Pupils take to the dance floor to raise £500 for Children in Need
- 5 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 6 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 7 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 8 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash