Concert in March on Sunday is part of events leading up to 2012 Olympics
MARCH and two other venues in Cambridgeshire will host open-air concerts on Sunday as part of the county s contribution to the programme of events leading up to the 2012 Olympics and Paralympic Games. The Bandstand Marathon will use bandstands at March s
MARCH and two other venues in Cambridgeshire will host open-air concerts on Sunday as part of the county's contribution to the programme of events leading up to the 2012 Olympics and Paralympic Games.
The Bandstand Marathon will use bandstands at March's West End Park, where March Brass 2000 will perform from 2-4pm, the Jubilee Gardens in Ely and Milton Country Park.
There will be a wide variety of musical performances and there will also be a chance to make and play a musical instrument out of recycled materials and household rubbish.
The event has been organised as part of the Cultural Olympiad. It is free and everyone will be welcome.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire County Council Cabinet Member for Communities, Councillor Sir Peter Brown, said: "These concerts will be a real showcase for musical talent in Cambridgeshire and a chance for the public to hear and see a very broad range of musical styles and performances."
For more information go to: www.Cambridgeshire.net and search for Bandstand.
- 1 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 2 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 3 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 4 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 5 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 6 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 7 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 8 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 9 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 10 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park