Wisbech air and defence students take flight at matriculation ceremony
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 air and defence students from the College of West Anglia (CWA) and partner colleges took part in a matriculation ceremony at Lincoln Cathedral.
CWA students from Wisbech including Thomas Hughes, Joseph Morley and Jason Partridge were joined by others from Lincoln College and New College Stamford.
The students were matriculated by air vice-marshal Warren James alongside employer representatives, local dignitaries and college staff.
CWA launched the A&DC programme in September 2018 in partnership with the Royal Air Force and defence industry businesses to help young people join the Royal Air Force.
The course is designed to create career paths in the RAF, aerospace and catering industries for young people by providing qualifications, fitness levels and technical skills.
You may also want to watch:
Participating students get invited to interview with the RAF once they have completed the course.
Jo Evans, learning and skills lead for the A&DC, said: "I was very proud of the students and will be working with them to help them achieve their goal of joining the Royal Air Force in the future."
- 1 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 2 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 3 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 4 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 5 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 10 Major youth football tournament cancelled for second year running