Wisbech air and defence students take flight at matriculation ceremony
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 air and defence students from the College of West Anglia (CWA) and partner colleges took part in a matriculation ceremony at Lincoln Cathedral.
CWA students from Wisbech including Thomas Hughes, Joseph Morley and Jason Partridge were joined by others from Lincoln College and New College Stamford.
The students were matriculated by air vice-marshal Warren James alongside employer representatives, local dignitaries and college staff.
CWA launched the A&DC programme in September 2018 in partnership with the Royal Air Force and defence industry businesses to help young people join the Royal Air Force.
The course is designed to create career paths in the RAF, aerospace and catering industries for young people by providing qualifications, fitness levels and technical skills.
You may also want to watch:
Participating students get invited to interview with the RAF once they have completed the course.
Jo Evans, learning and skills lead for the A&DC, said: "I was very proud of the students and will be working with them to help them achieve their goal of joining the Royal Air Force in the future."
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 6 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 7 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured