College of West Anglia uniformed services students win big at national competition
- Credit: Archant
Students at College of West Anglia won five competitions at an annual national uniformed services event.
The competition was held at Brooklands College, Surrey, from May 6 to 8 and saw CWA place in more activities than any other team.
In a disaster and emergency scenario, the CWA team found the casualty in one-and-a-half-minutes whereas all other teams took at least 10 minutes.
The group scored 99 per cent for their leadership presentation with the judge asking for a copy of the presentation to show to her students.
In a tug of war, CWA were undefeated in all rounds, while they came first overall in the high ropes challenge and were a minute ahead of the next team in the fire service challenge.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Gedge, head of faculty for uniformed and public services, said: “Our students delivered outstandingly and have proven that they are really committed to their course and future careers.”
CWA also placed third in the field cook-off, second in orienteering to the host college and fourth in the fitness testing.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 6 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 7 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 8 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
The Royal Marines said they were highly impressed with the performance of Sasha Setela and Nikita Martinovs.
The students involved in the competition were:
1139 Echo: Sasha Setela and Nikita Martinovs
1139 Foxtrot: Vanessa Wallis, Nick Hayes, Harry Twyman, Ben Swales and Freddie Schunman
1139 Golf: Sam Nelson