College of West Anglia uniformed services students win big at national competition
- Credit: Archant
Students at College of West Anglia won five competitions at an annual national uniformed services event.
The competition was held at Brooklands College, Surrey, from May 6 to 8 and saw CWA place in more activities than any other team.
In a disaster and emergency scenario, the CWA team found the casualty in one-and-a-half-minutes whereas all other teams took at least 10 minutes.
The group scored 99 per cent for their leadership presentation with the judge asking for a copy of the presentation to show to her students.
In a tug of war, CWA were undefeated in all rounds, while they came first overall in the high ropes challenge and were a minute ahead of the next team in the fire service challenge.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Gedge, head of faculty for uniformed and public services, said: “Our students delivered outstandingly and have proven that they are really committed to their course and future careers.”
CWA also placed third in the field cook-off, second in orienteering to the host college and fourth in the fitness testing.
- 1 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 2 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 3 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 4 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail
- 5 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 8 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 9 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 10 Ever get that sinking feeling?
The Royal Marines said they were highly impressed with the performance of Sasha Setela and Nikita Martinovs.
The students involved in the competition were:
1139 Echo: Sasha Setela and Nikita Martinovs
1139 Foxtrot: Vanessa Wallis, Nick Hayes, Harry Twyman, Ben Swales and Freddie Schunman
1139 Golf: Sam Nelson