Students from College of West Anglia in Wisbech learn more about motor dealership during visits
- Credit: Archant
Students from the College of West Anglia in Wisbech gained an insight into how a motor vehicle dealership works recently.
Level One motor vehicle students visited JS Holmes in Wisbech St Mary over two mornings to understand motor dealership operations, learning about the developing technology of electric vehicles and the importance of employability skills.
The college has received a Nissan LEAF electric vehicle with help from Martin Holmes, dealer principal at JS Holmes, for students to use as a learning resource.
Jake Jarvis, level one motor vehicle student, said: "I was really interested in hearing about how the electric vehicles are becoming much more common."
Guy Bridge, CWA work placement and careers co-ordinator, said: "JS Holmes have been extremely supportive to our students over a number of years.
You may also want to watch:
"For our students studying towards careers in both motor vehicle servicing and vehicle accident repairs, we look forward to this fantastic relationship continuing into the future."
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 8 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 9 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 10 Town rallies in fight for new hospital