College of West Anglia motorsports team steps up a gear thanks to Mini Cooper donation from local specialist
- Credit: Archant
The College of West Anglia motorsport team took another big step towards racing away from its opposition by announcing a new working relationship with a Mini specialist.
Norfolk Cars Ltd, based in Tilney All Saints, has linked up with the college and has donated a Mini Cooper S for the students’ next race build project for entry into the 2017 Super Cooper Cup.
Norfolk Cars’ sales manager, Neale Clarke visited the college to talk to students about the industry and said he is thrilled to be a part of the partnership.
“Our relationship with CWA began on the track a few years ago, competing in our Minis,” Neale said.
“The college team helped us out when our Mini was in an accident, and since then we have always maintained close contract, both on and off the track. With our expert knowledge of Minis and enjoyment for the sport, it only felt natural that we work together and support each other going forward.”
You may also want to watch:
Paul Latham, team manager and CWA tutor, said: “The CWA race team couldn’t be happier about this new partnership, which together with sponsors such as Engineering Factory Supplies Ltd, DEWALT, Miganglia, Wisbech Round Table and Kett Autopaints Ltd will go far to making this another successful project for the students.”
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry