College of West Anglia invites tenders for Tots to Teens provision at Isle Campus
TENDERS are being invited by the College of West Anglia from those interested in taking over the Tots to Teens provision at the Isle campus in Wisbech. The pre-school nursery, an after school club which collects youngsters from local schools, and a parent
TENDERS are being invited by the College of West Anglia from those interested in taking over the Tots to Teens provision at the Isle campus in Wisbech.
The pre-school nursery, an after school club which collects youngsters from local schools, and a parent and toddler group, are all currently provided by the college.
But when financial pressure forced the college to consult on closure, public pressure forced a rethink.
A number of local providers have since approached the college with a view to continuing the provision.
Having taken advice from Cambridgeshire County Council, the college is advertising the business opportunity as widely as possible to make sure as many people as possible are made aware of it.
Executive director of the college, Jill Francis said: "I am convinced that entrepreneurs with a nursery background can expand this provision and make it profitable. They have a ready market in our students and staff and following consultation we also have the support of the head teacher of Thomas Clarkson Community College who will promote it with staff and parents alike."
- 1 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 2 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 3 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 8 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 9 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
Application packs are available from the Jill Francis, College of West Anglia, Isle Campus, Ramnoth Road, Wisbech PE13 2JE or by contacting 01945 468308. Applications close on November 4.