College of West Anglia makes the finals of national award after winning regional title
- Credit: Archant
The College of West Anglia (CWA) has made it through to the finals of a national award, having won the regional title.
CWA received the regional education and business partnership award at the 2018 Chamber Business Awards.
CWA won the title for the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough region. The college will now go forward to the overall final, which will be held in London in November, and could claim the title of business of the year.
The award recognises schools, further education college, universities and training providers that engage effectively with business.
Nominees for the category must have demonstrated how they work with businesses to help their students gain an understanding of the world of work and develop the skills for employers.
You may also want to watch:
Principal David Pomfret said: “I am absolutely delighted. We are passionate about the skills, knowledge and career development opportunities for our students arising from strong partnerships with employers and it is great to see this recognised by the British Chamber of Commerce.”
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 6 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 7 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured