Wisbech apprentices celebrated at College of West Anglia awards evening
PUBLISHED: 12:52 08 March 2018
Six Wisbech apprentices were awarded for their 'outstanding performance and ambitious drive' at an annual ceremony.
Friends, family and employers attended the College of West Anglia (CWA) Apprenticeship Awards 2018 alongside representatives from Anglian Water, who sponsored the evening.
The Wisbech winners were:
• Anglian Water Alliances apprentice of the year: Lukasz Gogol
• Customer servicea apprentice of the year: Jodie Cordner
• Electro-technical apprentice of the year: Daniel Howard
• Horticulture apprentice of the year: Richard Warlow
• Hospitality apprentice of the year: Joe Saunders
• Supporting teaching and learning apprentice of the year: Jessica Green
As well as the 18 apprentice of the year awards, CWA electro-technical apprentice Daniel Howard received the Kevin Clarke Award.
Kevin Clarke, a former CWA electrical apprentice, was killed in a car accident in 1984.
His parents, John and Janet, recognise two electrical apprentices each year in his honour.
The winners from the apprenticeship awards will now be whittled down to three finalists who will be invited to the college’s annual student awards, which take place in June. At the event one will be named overall apprentice of the year.