COLDHAM: Church converted into modern home - and on the market for £375,000.
IT HAS been branded as historical room with a view and a pew - and it is certainly a world away from the normal two-up two down. This beautiful church in the hamlet of Coldham has been converted into a spectacular modern home which includes a contemporary
IT HAS been branded as historical room with a view and a pew - and it is certainly a world away from the normal two-up two down.
This beautiful church in the hamlet of Coldham has been converted into a spectacular modern home which includes a contemporary kitchen and four bedrooms.
It is being sold through Harrison Murray estate agents in Wisbech with a price tag of £375,000.
It was originally built in around 1875, and at the time at a cost of a mere £2,700.
The stone early English style church has now been sympathetically converted into a modern 21st Century family home - and it has still retained many of its original features.
The font has been kept and restored and now graces the main reception area, there are also quarry tiles on the floor and a magnificent glass window which was designed by C E Kemp has been made into a focal point in the dining room.
- 1 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 2 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 3 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 4 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 5 Farm shop's green light for outdoor seating and play area
- 6 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 7 Partygoer who claimed ADHD caused him to kill jailed for life
- 8 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 9 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 10 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
For details, or to arrange a viewing, contact 01945 465432.