Club’s vintage road trip
JAGUAR E-Types and Lambretta scooters were just some of 120 classic vehicles on display in Wisbech on Sunday. It was part of Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club s annual road run to Peterborough, in which members show off cars, lorries and motorcyc
JAGUAR E-Types and Lambretta scooters were just some of 120 classic vehicles on display in Wisbech on Sunday.
It was part of Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club's annual road run to Peterborough, in which members show off cars, lorries and motorcycles of bygone years.
Participants gathered at the town's Vicarage car park before leaving for Peterborough, via Long Sutton, Holbeach, Spalding and Market Deeping. At Peterborough they were joined by more classic vehicles to return to Wisbech through Whittlesey, March, Guyhirn and Wisbech St Mary.
A static display followed, which saw trophies handed out for the best commercial vehicle, classic car and motorcycle, as well as the Iris Cullen award for the best Morris 1000 and the Morton Cup for the oldest competing car completing the run, a 1932 Austin 6.
You may also want to watch:
The run raised money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance and local charities. Recipients will be chosen at a meeting in November.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Emporium takes business to next level
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 5 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 6 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 7 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink