Club’s birthday bonus
SUTTON Bridge Friendship Club enjoyed a 50th anniversary party thanks to a £1,490 grant from EDF Energy. More than 75 members attended the celebration at Sutton Bridge Royal British Legion. The grant helped to pay for hall hire, catering for the celebrati
SUTTON Bridge Friendship Club enjoyed a 50th anniversary party thanks to a £1,490 grant from EDF Energy.
More than 75 members attended the celebration at Sutton Bridge Royal British Legion.
The grant helped to pay for hall hire, catering for the celebrations, a birthday cake, raffle prizes, entertainment and the gift of an anniversary pen for everyone there.
The club was set up for the over 60s and meets every fortnight at the Royal British Legion.
EDF Energy contributed the funds in the latest round of donations made to community projects in the vicinity of Sutton Bridge Power Station.
Sam Markillie, chairman of the Sutton Bridge Power Fund and a local farmer, said: "The fund is pleased to be able to support the Friendship Club in this way. We would like to take the opportunity to encourage even more organisations to apply for funding to benefit people living within the power fund area."
- 1 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 2 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 3 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 4 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 5 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 6 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 7 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 8 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 9 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 10 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
Now in its eighth year, the power fund is open to charitable and non-charitable organisations alike. However, beneficiaries must be involved in initiatives in one of the following parishes: Sutton Bridge, the Walpoles, Tydd St Mary, Tydd St Giles and Tydd Gote.
For an application form and details of the scheme, contact fund secretary Jennifer Jenkins at Sutton Bridge Power Station on 01406 353004. Closing date for the next round of applications is Monday, September 3.
* Sutton Bridge Power Station pays £20,000 a year into an endowment fund, £15,000 of which is made available to local organisations. The balance of the endowment will eventually allow the fund to be self-sustaining.