Cllr Andrew Lynn becomes the new mayor of Wisbech
- Credit: Wisbech Town Council / Facebook
Cllr Andrew Lynn was officially named the Mayor of Wisbech at the town council’s annual mayor making ceremony.
His wife Reema will be his mayoress throughout the term and will accompany him on official duties and visits.
Following the ceremony on Friday (May 21), it means Cllr Lynn has now officially taken over the role from the outgoing mayor Cllr Aigars Balsevics.
Cllr Susan Wallwork was also elected as deputy mayor.
The new mayor and deputy mayor will hold their positions for the 2021/2022.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Lynn represents the Clarkson Ward and Cllr Wallwork is one of four councillors representing the Octavia Hill Ward for Wisbech Town Council.
Both are Conservative councillors and members of Fenland District Council as well.
If you would like to invite the mayor to an upcoming event visit the Wisbech Town Council website.
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 5 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 6 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 7 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 8 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 10 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze