Cllr Andrew Lynn becomes the new mayor of Wisbech
- Credit: Wisbech Town Council / Facebook
Cllr Andrew Lynn was officially named the Mayor of Wisbech at the town council’s annual mayor making ceremony.
His wife Reema will be his mayoress throughout the term and will accompany him on official duties and visits.
Following the ceremony on Friday (May 21), it means Cllr Lynn has now officially taken over the role from the outgoing mayor Cllr Aigars Balsevics.
Cllr Susan Wallwork was also elected as deputy mayor.
The new mayor and deputy mayor will hold their positions for the 2021/2022.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Lynn represents the Clarkson Ward and Cllr Wallwork is one of four councillors representing the Octavia Hill Ward for Wisbech Town Council.
Both are Conservative councillors and members of Fenland District Council as well.
If you would like to invite the mayor to an upcoming event visit the Wisbech Town Council website.
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 9 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 10 Body found in Wisbech road