Clarkson five get Wisbech Round Table boost as they raise funds for Borneo trip
- Credit: Archant
Five Thomas Clarkson Academy students have been given a helping hand as they get ready for a trip of a lifetime.
This summer, Courtney Wakeham, Connor Parker, Joseph Moore, Jodie Garner and Ella Chadney will travel to Borneo for a month.
They will work on a range of projects, helping to improve living standards for rural people. In addition, they will take part in a forest regeneration project and a wildlife conservation programme.
Each student must raise £3,960 to pay for their trip. To help them in their quest, Wisbech Round Table has donated £250.
Sam Smith, chairman of the Round Table, said, “It is wonderful to support these students who have a fantastic opportunity to develop living standards on the other side of the world.”
You may also want to watch:
Miss Garner said: “We are really looking forward to this unique experience which will give us many opportunities to help communities in Borneo.”
Courtney Wakeham, who is also going on the trip, added: “I’m excited about making a change and seeing how people live, and it’s going to be good to spend a month without luxuries.”
- 1 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 7 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 8 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer