Clarkson five get Wisbech Round Table boost as they raise funds for Borneo trip
- Credit: Archant
Five Thomas Clarkson Academy students have been given a helping hand as they get ready for a trip of a lifetime.
This summer, Courtney Wakeham, Connor Parker, Joseph Moore, Jodie Garner and Ella Chadney will travel to Borneo for a month.
They will work on a range of projects, helping to improve living standards for rural people. In addition, they will take part in a forest regeneration project and a wildlife conservation programme.
Each student must raise £3,960 to pay for their trip. To help them in their quest, Wisbech Round Table has donated £250.
Sam Smith, chairman of the Round Table, said, “It is wonderful to support these students who have a fantastic opportunity to develop living standards on the other side of the world.”
You may also want to watch:
Miss Garner said: “We are really looking forward to this unique experience which will give us many opportunities to help communities in Borneo.”
Courtney Wakeham, who is also going on the trip, added: “I’m excited about making a change and seeing how people live, and it’s going to be good to spend a month without luxuries.”
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 7 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 10 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks