Clarkson five get Wisbech Round Table boost as they raise funds for Borneo trip
- Credit: Archant
Five Thomas Clarkson Academy students have been given a helping hand as they get ready for a trip of a lifetime.
This summer, Courtney Wakeham, Connor Parker, Joseph Moore, Jodie Garner and Ella Chadney will travel to Borneo for a month.
They will work on a range of projects, helping to improve living standards for rural people. In addition, they will take part in a forest regeneration project and a wildlife conservation programme.
Each student must raise £3,960 to pay for their trip. To help them in their quest, Wisbech Round Table has donated £250.
Sam Smith, chairman of the Round Table, said, “It is wonderful to support these students who have a fantastic opportunity to develop living standards on the other side of the world.”
You may also want to watch:
Miss Garner said: “We are really looking forward to this unique experience which will give us many opportunities to help communities in Borneo.”
Courtney Wakeham, who is also going on the trip, added: “I’m excited about making a change and seeing how people live, and it’s going to be good to spend a month without luxuries.”
- 1 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 4 Shotgun, fake cash and cannabis found at suspected dealer’s home
- 5 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 6 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 7 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 8 Urgent repairs at Wisbech Museum due to start
- 9 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 10 Civic business as usual for under fire Wisbech mayor