Clarkson Choir commemorate English anniversaries with concert at Leverington Church
- Credit: Archant
The Clarkson Choir held a commemorative concert last week at Leverington Church.
The day began with a team of visiting bell ringers from Kingston on Thames ringing out the church bells.
Then in the evening the Clarkson singers were in very fine voice and delivered an English programme, as requested, to mark all the anniversary’s which have fallen this year.
After the first half refreshments were served and a raffle was drawn.
It was then time for the audience to join in with some popular songs from World War II before the concert ended with rousing Prom type songs which had the audience proudly singing along and waving their union flags with gusto!
You may also want to watch:
Mary Watt, chairman of the Friends of Leverington Church, said: “It was really super evening and everyone commented on what a great atmosphere there was.
“Sincere thanks to director of music Loc-Mae Yuen-Booker and her wonderful choir, to the redoubtable ladies who ran the raffle and to the refreshments staff for their sterling work.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 6 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 7 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 8 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 9 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 10 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
“Next month we are all eagerly anticipating the candle lit Choral Concert by Swiss choir Kantorei on October 10 at 7.30pm.”
For more information and tickets visit www.leveringtonchurch.org