Clarkson Choir commemorate English anniversaries with concert at Leverington Church
- Credit: Archant
The Clarkson Choir held a commemorative concert last week at Leverington Church.
The day began with a team of visiting bell ringers from Kingston on Thames ringing out the church bells.
Then in the evening the Clarkson singers were in very fine voice and delivered an English programme, as requested, to mark all the anniversary’s which have fallen this year.
After the first half refreshments were served and a raffle was drawn.
It was then time for the audience to join in with some popular songs from World War II before the concert ended with rousing Prom type songs which had the audience proudly singing along and waving their union flags with gusto!
You may also want to watch:
Mary Watt, chairman of the Friends of Leverington Church, said: “It was really super evening and everyone commented on what a great atmosphere there was.
“Sincere thanks to director of music Loc-Mae Yuen-Booker and her wonderful choir, to the redoubtable ladies who ran the raffle and to the refreshments staff for their sterling work.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 3 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 6 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 7 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
“Next month we are all eagerly anticipating the candle lit Choral Concert by Swiss choir Kantorei on October 10 at 7.30pm.”
For more information and tickets visit www.leveringtonchurch.org