Clarkson Choir commemorate English anniversaries with concert at Leverington Church
- Credit: Archant
The Clarkson Choir held a commemorative concert last week at Leverington Church.
The day began with a team of visiting bell ringers from Kingston on Thames ringing out the church bells.
Then in the evening the Clarkson singers were in very fine voice and delivered an English programme, as requested, to mark all the anniversary’s which have fallen this year.
After the first half refreshments were served and a raffle was drawn.
It was then time for the audience to join in with some popular songs from World War II before the concert ended with rousing Prom type songs which had the audience proudly singing along and waving their union flags with gusto!
You may also want to watch:
Mary Watt, chairman of the Friends of Leverington Church, said: “It was really super evening and everyone commented on what a great atmosphere there was.
“Sincere thanks to director of music Loc-Mae Yuen-Booker and her wonderful choir, to the redoubtable ladies who ran the raffle and to the refreshments staff for their sterling work.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
“Next month we are all eagerly anticipating the candle lit Choral Concert by Swiss choir Kantorei on October 10 at 7.30pm.”
For more information and tickets visit www.leveringtonchurch.org