Clarkson Choir commemorate English anniversaries with concert at Leverington Church
- Credit: Archant
The Clarkson Choir held a commemorative concert last week at Leverington Church.
The day began with a team of visiting bell ringers from Kingston on Thames ringing out the church bells.
Then in the evening the Clarkson singers were in very fine voice and delivered an English programme, as requested, to mark all the anniversary’s which have fallen this year.
After the first half refreshments were served and a raffle was drawn.
It was then time for the audience to join in with some popular songs from World War II before the concert ended with rousing Prom type songs which had the audience proudly singing along and waving their union flags with gusto!
You may also want to watch:
Mary Watt, chairman of the Friends of Leverington Church, said: “It was really super evening and everyone commented on what a great atmosphere there was.
“Sincere thanks to director of music Loc-Mae Yuen-Booker and her wonderful choir, to the redoubtable ladies who ran the raffle and to the refreshments staff for their sterling work.
- 1 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
- 5 Author reflects on reasons behind 'The Chapel of Ease'
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Emporium takes business to next level
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
“Next month we are all eagerly anticipating the candle lit Choral Concert by Swiss choir Kantorei on October 10 at 7.30pm.”
For more information and tickets visit www.leveringtonchurch.org