Claire raises £500 for Macmillan Cancer Research by braving the shave
- Credit: Archant
A woman who works at Hickathrift House in Marshland St James has raised over £500 for charity by braving the shave.
Claire Harman, of Terrington St John, took on the fundraising challenge to help boost funds for Macmillan Cancer research.
“Taking part in this challenge has been a huge amount of fun and everyone at
the home has been behind me all the way,” she said.
“It’s for such an important cause. I’m very glad to be able to do my bit to raise further awareness and money for the charity.”
You may also want to watch:
Residents, their relatives and staff were there to cheer Claire on as she began the challenge.
As well as having her hair cut, Claire held a raffle and gained sponsorship for the event.
- 1 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 2 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 3 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 4 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 5 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 10 Major youth football tournament cancelled for second year running
Laura Archer, administrator of Hickathrift House, said: “Claire and Hickathrift House would like to thank everyone who sponsored her, the staff and residents of the home and all the local businesses that donated items to the raffle. And a special thanks to Tydd St Giles Golf Club, Frankie & Bennys, Elgood’s Brewery, Peckover House and Orchard Tea Rooms.”
To donate to Claire’s ‘Brave the Shave’ contact Laura on 01945 430636 or visit www.bravetheshave.org.uk/shavers/claire-harman/