Claire raises £500 for Macmillan Cancer Research by braving the shave
- Credit: Archant
A woman who works at Hickathrift House in Marshland St James has raised over £500 for charity by braving the shave.
Claire Harman, of Terrington St John, took on the fundraising challenge to help boost funds for Macmillan Cancer research.
“Taking part in this challenge has been a huge amount of fun and everyone at
the home has been behind me all the way,” she said.
“It’s for such an important cause. I’m very glad to be able to do my bit to raise further awareness and money for the charity.”
Residents, their relatives and staff were there to cheer Claire on as she began the challenge.
As well as having her hair cut, Claire held a raffle and gained sponsorship for the event.
- 1 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 6 Yellows keep up league form while reds stumble for Wisbech
- 7 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 8 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
Laura Archer, administrator of Hickathrift House, said: “Claire and Hickathrift House would like to thank everyone who sponsored her, the staff and residents of the home and all the local businesses that donated items to the raffle. And a special thanks to Tydd St Giles Golf Club, Frankie & Bennys, Elgood’s Brewery, Peckover House and Orchard Tea Rooms.”
To donate to Claire’s ‘Brave the Shave’ contact Laura on 01945 430636 or visit www.bravetheshave.org.uk/shavers/claire-harman/