Claire raises £500 for Macmillan Cancer Research by braving the shave
- Credit: Archant
A woman who works at Hickathrift House in Marshland St James has raised over £500 for charity by braving the shave.
Claire Harman, of Terrington St John, took on the fundraising challenge to help boost funds for Macmillan Cancer research.
“Taking part in this challenge has been a huge amount of fun and everyone at
the home has been behind me all the way,” she said.
“It’s for such an important cause. I’m very glad to be able to do my bit to raise further awareness and money for the charity.”
You may also want to watch:
Residents, their relatives and staff were there to cheer Claire on as she began the challenge.
As well as having her hair cut, Claire held a raffle and gained sponsorship for the event.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 3 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 6 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 7 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 8 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 9 We want to end the season now, states Fenmen chairman
- 10 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail
Laura Archer, administrator of Hickathrift House, said: “Claire and Hickathrift House would like to thank everyone who sponsored her, the staff and residents of the home and all the local businesses that donated items to the raffle. And a special thanks to Tydd St Giles Golf Club, Frankie & Bennys, Elgood’s Brewery, Peckover House and Orchard Tea Rooms.”
To donate to Claire’s ‘Brave the Shave’ contact Laura on 01945 430636 or visit www.bravetheshave.org.uk/shavers/claire-harman/