Man taken to hospital following crash between Mercedes-Benz and Subaru in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A man was taken to hospital last night after two cars collided in Wisbech – closing the road for more than an hour.
The incident happened on Churchill Road and around 8pm on Thursday, September 13 and was first reported by the ambulance service.
A police officer confirmed there were no serious injuries but one man was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) as a “precaution”.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Constabulary said: “Collision in Churchill Road, Wisbech, reported by the ambulance service at 8.20pm yesterday.
“Road was closed but reopened again at 9.50pm. No serious injury – one man taken to QEH as a precaution.”
You may also want to watch:
The accident comes just days after a lorry cab burst into flames on the same road during the day – the cause of the fire was said to be accidental.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: “Firefighters arrived to find a lorry well alight.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
“Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using a hose reel and returned to their stations by 10am – the cause of the fire was accidental.”