Man taken to hospital following crash between Mercedes-Benz and Subaru in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A man was taken to hospital last night after two cars collided in Wisbech – closing the road for more than an hour.
The incident happened on Churchill Road and around 8pm on Thursday, September 13 and was first reported by the ambulance service.
A police officer confirmed there were no serious injuries but one man was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) as a “precaution”.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Constabulary said: “Collision in Churchill Road, Wisbech, reported by the ambulance service at 8.20pm yesterday.
“Road was closed but reopened again at 9.50pm. No serious injury – one man taken to QEH as a precaution.”
You may also want to watch:
The accident comes just days after a lorry cab burst into flames on the same road during the day – the cause of the fire was said to be accidental.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: “Firefighters arrived to find a lorry well alight.
- 1 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 2 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 3 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 4 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 History of family-run car firm revealed in new autobiography
“Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using a hose reel and returned to their stations by 10am – the cause of the fire was accidental.”