Screams and shouts in town as fireworks explode near mum and baby
The terrifying moment a firework launched by a group of thugs exploded just metres from a mother and young baby has been caught on camera.
Ineta Breide Honey was walking with her three-month-old baby when she spotted the men setting off the dangerous pyrotechnics in Church Terrace, Wisbech.
The group can be seen in a video clip, filmed by the 41-year-old mum, screaming and shouting “watch out” before launching the explosive.
Ms Honey described the group on social media as “criminal” and asked where the police were during the ordeal on Monday, November 9 at around 7.30pm.
A loud explosion can be heard in footage before a bright orange and red flash of light; smoke fills the street after the blast – right in front of a car.
Footage also shows a cyclist appear out of the smoke as the camera pans down to show Ms Honey’s baby after the shocking events.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Constabulary said: “We were called at 7.36pm on Monday (November 9) with reports of antisocial behaviour in West Street, Wisbech.
- 1 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 2 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 5 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 8 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 9 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 10 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
“Officers attended and patrolled the area, but could not find those responsible.
“Anyone with information should contact police using the web chat function or by calling 101 and quoting incident 436 of November 9.”