Screams and shouts in town as fireworks explode near mum and baby
The terrifying moment a firework launched by a group of thugs exploded just metres from a mother and young baby has been caught on camera.
Ineta Breide Honey was walking with her three-month-old baby when she spotted the men setting off the dangerous pyrotechnics in Church Terrace, Wisbech.
The group can be seen in a video clip, filmed by the 41-year-old mum, screaming and shouting “watch out” before launching the explosive.
Ms Honey described the group on social media as “criminal” and asked where the police were during the ordeal on Monday, November 9 at around 7.30pm.
A loud explosion can be heard in footage before a bright orange and red flash of light; smoke fills the street after the blast – right in front of a car.
Footage also shows a cyclist appear out of the smoke as the camera pans down to show Ms Honey’s baby after the shocking events.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Constabulary said: “We were called at 7.36pm on Monday (November 9) with reports of antisocial behaviour in West Street, Wisbech.
- 1 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 2 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 3 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 4 Farm shop's green light for outdoor seating and play area
- 5 Partygoer who claimed ADHD caused him to kill jailed for life
- 6 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 7 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 8 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 9 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 10 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
“Officers attended and patrolled the area, but could not find those responsible.
“Anyone with information should contact police using the web chat function or by calling 101 and quoting incident 436 of November 9.”