Award-winning church deacon releases ‘very singable’ Christmas worship song
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning church deacon has released a “very singable” Christmas worship song he recorded remotely during lockdown.
Matt McChlery of The King’s Church in Wisbech has teamed up with vocalist Kat Mills to release ‘Have You Heard?’ in time for the festive season.
The Zimbabwe-born worship leader, who released his first single in 2002, has received hundreds of radio plays all around the world over the years.
He lives with his wife Verity and their two children in Wisbech and in 2018 took the decision to step away from being a primary school teacher to purse full-time ministry.
He said: “This song takes on a story-telling style by inviting its hearers to come on a journey of discovery – to hear the Good News of Jesus, who is God-made-flesh, born as a child on that first Christmas morning.
You may also want to watch:
“The song then goes on to unpack the fact that Jesus did not remain a child, but grew up to become a man, the very man who died to take away our sin which enables us to have a relationship with God today.
“Each verse is structured as a question and answer and the huge, sweeping chorus with its soaring melody is an invitation to worship Jesus for all he has done.”
To stream the song, visit: www.mattmcchlery.com/
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Emporium takes business to next level
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 5 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 6 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 7 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink