Fen travel agents to help ‘fill Santa’s suitcase’ as part of charity Christmas toy appeal
- Credit: Iain Kirkbright
A Fenland travel agency has launched a Christmas toy appeal in a bid to “spread some much-needed festive cheer” to those in need.
Sunlounger Travel in Wisbech will be collecting toys, books, games and puzzles for The Salvation Army to provide gifts for children across the region.
Harriet Clarke, manager, said: “This appeal is something I’ve been part of for many years whilst manager at the Coop Travel store in Beales.
“It seemed a shame to think of it not taking place this year, especially after the year that 2020 has been, so I’m really pleased that we’re able to continue this great tradition at Sunlounger Travel.
“Christmas is a time of celebration for most of us and we’d like to help make it special for local children who are going through a difficult time.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re asking our customers and friends to help us fill Santa’s suitcase with gift items for families in need in the local area.”
Those wanting to donate gifts can bring them into the Market Place store at any time before Monday, December 14 at 5pm.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 9 'Eccentric traveller' spotted riding vintage bicycle ahead of historic trip
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
The appeal needs items for all age ranges – for health and safety reasons, they cannot accept second-hand or cuddly toys.