Fen travel agents to help ‘fill Santa’s suitcase’ as part of charity Christmas toy appeal
- Credit: Iain Kirkbright
A Fenland travel agency has launched a Christmas toy appeal in a bid to “spread some much-needed festive cheer” to those in need.
Sunlounger Travel in Wisbech will be collecting toys, books, games and puzzles for The Salvation Army to provide gifts for children across the region.
Harriet Clarke, manager, said: “This appeal is something I’ve been part of for many years whilst manager at the Coop Travel store in Beales.
“It seemed a shame to think of it not taking place this year, especially after the year that 2020 has been, so I’m really pleased that we’re able to continue this great tradition at Sunlounger Travel.
“Christmas is a time of celebration for most of us and we’d like to help make it special for local children who are going through a difficult time.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re asking our customers and friends to help us fill Santa’s suitcase with gift items for families in need in the local area.”
Those wanting to donate gifts can bring them into the Market Place store at any time before Monday, December 14 at 5pm.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 3 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 10 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
The appeal needs items for all age ranges – for health and safety reasons, they cannot accept second-hand or cuddly toys.