Fen travel agents to help ‘fill Santa’s suitcase’ as part of charity Christmas toy appeal
- Credit: Iain Kirkbright
A Fenland travel agency has launched a Christmas toy appeal in a bid to “spread some much-needed festive cheer” to those in need.
Sunlounger Travel in Wisbech will be collecting toys, books, games and puzzles for The Salvation Army to provide gifts for children across the region.
Harriet Clarke, manager, said: “This appeal is something I’ve been part of for many years whilst manager at the Coop Travel store in Beales.
“It seemed a shame to think of it not taking place this year, especially after the year that 2020 has been, so I’m really pleased that we’re able to continue this great tradition at Sunlounger Travel.
“Christmas is a time of celebration for most of us and we’d like to help make it special for local children who are going through a difficult time.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re asking our customers and friends to help us fill Santa’s suitcase with gift items for families in need in the local area.”
Those wanting to donate gifts can bring them into the Market Place store at any time before Monday, December 14 at 5pm.
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 7 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 8 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
The appeal needs items for all age ranges – for health and safety reasons, they cannot accept second-hand or cuddly toys.