Fen travel agents to help ‘fill Santa’s suitcase’ as part of charity Christmas toy appeal
- Credit: Iain Kirkbright
A Fenland travel agency has launched a Christmas toy appeal in a bid to “spread some much-needed festive cheer” to those in need.
Sunlounger Travel in Wisbech will be collecting toys, books, games and puzzles for The Salvation Army to provide gifts for children across the region.
Harriet Clarke, manager, said: “This appeal is something I’ve been part of for many years whilst manager at the Coop Travel store in Beales.
“It seemed a shame to think of it not taking place this year, especially after the year that 2020 has been, so I’m really pleased that we’re able to continue this great tradition at Sunlounger Travel.
“Christmas is a time of celebration for most of us and we’d like to help make it special for local children who are going through a difficult time.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re asking our customers and friends to help us fill Santa’s suitcase with gift items for families in need in the local area.”
Those wanting to donate gifts can bring them into the Market Place store at any time before Monday, December 14 at 5pm.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 9 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 10 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
The appeal needs items for all age ranges – for health and safety reasons, they cannot accept second-hand or cuddly toys.