Christmas Recipe: Enjoy cranberries in this delicious cranberry tart dessert
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
This Christmas season, explore cranberries in a whole new way. Cranberry Tarts make for a festive dessert for winter parties, holiday dinners, or simply for you and the kids to enjoy.
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
You may also want to watch:
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
- 6 Emporium takes business to next level
- 7 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 8 Author reflects on reasons behind 'The Chapel of Ease'
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
1 large apple (peeled, cored and
3 clementines (or tangerines)
1 cup cranberries
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Uncooked tart pastry or pie crust
Mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and apple in a heavy saucepan.
Wash clementines, remove stem and cut in half. Chop into pieces and remove the seeds, but leave the peel on. Chop the unpeeled clementines in a blender or food processor (use metal blades).
Add clementines, plus cranberries and pecans to the saucepan.
Cook over medium heat until the cranberries burst. Cool.
You can prepare the mixture in advance and use it in tarts or to make a pie with a latticed top.
For the pie, cook at 400 degF for 30 to 35 minutes. For tarts, cook at 400 degF for 10 to 15 minutes (until the edges are slightly brown).