Christmas Recipe: Enjoy cranberries in this delicious cranberry tart dessert
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
This Christmas season, explore cranberries in a whole new way. Cranberry Tarts make for a festive dessert for winter parties, holiday dinners, or simply for you and the kids to enjoy.
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
You may also want to watch:
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 7 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 8 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 9 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 10 HMO plans submitted for village pub
1 large apple (peeled, cored and
3 clementines (or tangerines)
1 cup cranberries
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Uncooked tart pastry or pie crust
Mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and apple in a heavy saucepan.
Wash clementines, remove stem and cut in half. Chop into pieces and remove the seeds, but leave the peel on. Chop the unpeeled clementines in a blender or food processor (use metal blades).
Add clementines, plus cranberries and pecans to the saucepan.
Cook over medium heat until the cranberries burst. Cool.
You can prepare the mixture in advance and use it in tarts or to make a pie with a latticed top.
For the pie, cook at 400 degF for 30 to 35 minutes. For tarts, cook at 400 degF for 10 to 15 minutes (until the edges are slightly brown).