Christmas Recipe: Enjoy cranberries in this delicious cranberry tart dessert
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
This Christmas season, explore cranberries in a whole new way. Cranberry Tarts make for a festive dessert for winter parties, holiday dinners, or simply for you and the kids to enjoy.
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
You may also want to watch:
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 10 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
1 large apple (peeled, cored and
3 clementines (or tangerines)
1 cup cranberries
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Uncooked tart pastry or pie crust
Mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and apple in a heavy saucepan.
Wash clementines, remove stem and cut in half. Chop into pieces and remove the seeds, but leave the peel on. Chop the unpeeled clementines in a blender or food processor (use metal blades).
Add clementines, plus cranberries and pecans to the saucepan.
Cook over medium heat until the cranberries burst. Cool.
You can prepare the mixture in advance and use it in tarts or to make a pie with a latticed top.
For the pie, cook at 400 degF for 30 to 35 minutes. For tarts, cook at 400 degF for 10 to 15 minutes (until the edges are slightly brown).