Christmas party for Hickathrift House care home residents and guests
- Credit: Archant
Hickathrift House care home in Marshland St James got in the Christmas spirit earlier this month by throwing its annual Christmas party for residents and their guests
There was music and entertainment from Trudie Mason and a visit from deputy mayor, Peter Human, and his wife Jo.
Residents enjoyed a feast of festive food prepared by Nigel Coleman, the care home’s head chef.
Jackalynne Shields, general manager, said: “We endeavoured to give each of our residents something that they could really be excited about in the run up to Christmas and have had lots of treats for the people who live here and their guests.
“I am pleased that we could hold something like this for our home and it is clear that everyone has really enjoyed the evening.”
Joan Gunner, resident at Hickathrift House, said: “I found the evening very positive, being treated like everyone else although I was in a wheelchair.
“So many people determined to enjoy themselves. The staff made sure nobody was left out.”
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 3 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 4 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 5 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 6 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 7 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 8 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 9 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Hazel Rumsey, resident, said: “It was an enjoyable evening, there was plenty of food, drink and entertainment.”