Christmas party for Hickathrift House care home residents and guests
- Credit: Archant
Hickathrift House care home in Marshland St James got in the Christmas spirit earlier this month by throwing its annual Christmas party for residents and their guests
There was music and entertainment from Trudie Mason and a visit from deputy mayor, Peter Human, and his wife Jo.
Residents enjoyed a feast of festive food prepared by Nigel Coleman, the care home’s head chef.
Jackalynne Shields, general manager, said: “We endeavoured to give each of our residents something that they could really be excited about in the run up to Christmas and have had lots of treats for the people who live here and their guests.
“I am pleased that we could hold something like this for our home and it is clear that everyone has really enjoyed the evening.”
You may also want to watch:
Joan Gunner, resident at Hickathrift House, said: “I found the evening very positive, being treated like everyone else although I was in a wheelchair.
“So many people determined to enjoy themselves. The staff made sure nobody was left out.”
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
Hazel Rumsey, resident, said: “It was an enjoyable evening, there was plenty of food, drink and entertainment.”