Christmas market brings seasonal cheer for shoppers
HUNDREDS of people flocked to Wisbech on Monday to enjoy the annual Christmas Market. More than 100 stalls lined the streets and Market Place for the event — the biggest in its four-year history. It attracted coach loads of visitors from across the region
HUNDREDS of people flocked to Wisbech on Monday to enjoy the annual Christmas Market.
More than 100 stalls lined the streets and Market Place for the event - the biggest in its four-year history.
It attracted coach loads of visitors from across the region. The town centre was closed to traffic for the day and a park and ride system was in operation.
One of the top attractions at the market, organised by Fenland District Council, was a traditional Victorian carousel.
You may also want to watch:
As well as the wide variety of stalls, which offered something for everyone, including food, clothes, bric-a-brac and hand-made crafts, there were fair rides, carol singers, live bands and people in period costumes mingling with the crowds.
There was even a special visit by Santa.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens