Christmas market brings seasonal cheer for shoppers
HUNDREDS of people flocked to Wisbech on Monday to enjoy the annual Christmas Market. More than 100 stalls lined the streets and Market Place for the event — the biggest in its four-year history. It attracted coach loads of visitors from across the region
HUNDREDS of people flocked to Wisbech on Monday to enjoy the annual Christmas Market.
More than 100 stalls lined the streets and Market Place for the event - the biggest in its four-year history.
It attracted coach loads of visitors from across the region. The town centre was closed to traffic for the day and a park and ride system was in operation.
One of the top attractions at the market, organised by Fenland District Council, was a traditional Victorian carousel.
You may also want to watch:
As well as the wide variety of stalls, which offered something for everyone, including food, clothes, bric-a-brac and hand-made crafts, there were fair rides, carol singers, live bands and people in period costumes mingling with the crowds.
There was even a special visit by Santa.
- 1 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 2 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 5 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 8 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 9 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 10 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible