Christmas carols, Santa and soup at Wisbech Park event
- Credit: Archant
Glorious Christmas carols, tasty hot soup and Santa will be part of a festive event in Wisbech Park.
The Friends of the Wisbech Bandstand have arranged the day in Wisbech Park on Sunday December 22 from midday to 2.30pm.
This year Manea Silver Band will be performing an array of favourite Christmas carols as well as popular singers Back Two.
The duo have been invited back following the many requests from people after their performance in the summer.
Hot soup and rolls will also be provided and although very busy, Father Christmas has promised to be there with presents for the children.
You may also want to watch:
Virginia Bucknor, one of the organisers, said: "It's all free thanks to the generous contributions from local Wisbech people and local businesses making this lovely event happen again.
"So wrap up warm and come and join in the festivities."
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
Around £30,000 was spent on refurbishing the landmark last year.
The Friends of Wisbech Bandstand, a group set up to do something with the felt " it was a crying shame" not to show it off to the public.