‘Avoid the area’, say police after ‘serious collision’ on A47 near Tilney All Saints
- Credit: Darryl Anthony
There are major delays on the A47 in the Fens today after three cars – including a lorry – collided in the busy Christmas traffic.
Police are telling motorists to "avoid the area" after the crash which happened on the main stretch of road near Tilney All Saints on December 23 at around 11am.
Dramatic pictures show backed-up cars and emergency services at the scene - all just one day before Christmas Eve.
A witness said: "[There has] been an accident, car hit by lorry. Fire engine has turned up.
"Half way down the A47 when you come off the round-about where Brewers Fair.
You may also want to watch:
"I was on the bus, now we have turned around. Looks very serious."
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said: "Police are currently at the scene of a serious road traffic collision on the A47.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
"Officers were called at 10.50am this morning to reports of a three-vehicle collision on the King's Lynn-bound carriageway of the A47 at Tilney All Saints.
"The A47 is closed in both directions from the Shoreboat roundabout to the Pullover roundabout. Eau Brink Road, which leads on to the A47, is also closed.
"Emergency services are currently at the scene, including the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
"Please avoid the area."